Thursday, October 28, 2010

They Rocked The House: Shrekahnth/Megha Grover/Nabrmaan Dubai Fashion Week S/S 11

The second show was as grand as the first one. And this time, I wasn't sitting on the sidelines anymore. I had my first taste of being a fashion blogger in the real world. It was exciting. Minutes after the first show, the crowd dispersed, and we all went our ways to check out the stands of the fashion designers. My friend, Khaled, called me and demanded that I go to the reception immediately. I didn't know why, and I actually didn't want to at first, because the show was almost starting and I wanted to get the front row seat. Little did I know that I was getting a better seat than the ones in the front row.
My first-ever press pass! :)

Thanks Khaled! :)
He actually got me a press/media pass, so that I can take photos from the photographers' side of the ramp. I was so excited. I met a lot of photographers from various publications such as Gulf News, Arab News, and Khaleej Times. They even gave me tips on how to get really great shots with the right settings. It was really an awesome experience.

It was nice meeting you guys! :)
L-R: Ashok Verma, Zarina Fernandes of Gulf News, Mohammad Mustafa Khan of Khaleej Times
Shrekahnth kicked off the show with his bold prints and bright colors. Each piece is a total must-have. I really think that a stylish woman should own at least one of these beauties. He inspired this collection from the exhibit "A Story of Islamic Embroidery" held at the Emirates Palace last April. I attended this exhibit a couple of times and I've imagined how it would be like if they were actual garments. Thank you Shrekahnth for making my imagination a reality.

Shrekahnth

Shrekahnth
Shrekahnth
My favorite!
After Shrekahnth's multi-colored creations, Megha Grover followed with an all-white ensemble. You would think that it would be plain, and the word boring must have crossed your mind. But, no. A big big NO. The silhouettes are stunning, and the details are very classy. The combination of white and silver will always be considered timeless.

Megha Grover

Megha Grover
The trousers are my favorite!

Megha Grover

Megha Grover

Megha Grover

Megha Grover
Nabrmaan is the product of two Emirati women with the purpose of reinventing the abaya. Their rendition of the abaya is always traditional but with a modern twist in the silhouette, motif, or the colors. Nabrmaan means "white flower" in Turkish. It represents grace and elegance. And this collection definitely screams elegance and grace.

Nabrmaan
Miriam will always be my favorite model! It's too bad I wasn't able to get a picture with her.

Nabrmaan
Nabrmaan
You may think it's just another abaya..

Nabrmaan
..but from the back, it's a whole different story.

Nabrmaan

Nabrmaan

So, there you go guys. I hope you enjoyed looking at the photos as much as I enjoyed taking them. Let me know what you guys think, which one's your favorite, and any other comments that you may have. I look forward to reading them.

Till the next show! 

No comments:

Post a Comment